Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, October 31, 2016

News & Updates

Congratulations to the First Presbyterian Church of Sugar Land, which celebrated its 100th anniversary on Sunday, October 9th! I had the pleasure of attending the service and took some video, which I hoped to have done by now, but time grew short. I'll have it done next time.

I also attended a recent groundbreaking ceremony at San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site near Sealy. They will begin constructing a new museum soon. It was a grand event, which I enjoyed. I and everyone else in the audience were particularly enthused by 4th graders from Austin Elementary School in Lamar CISD.
 




Click this link for a news video of the event.

You still have time to get tickets and sponsorships for the Speakeasy Fundraiser for the Sugar Land Heritage Foundation. Click the image below for ticket information.



If you prefer to see their Facebook page, click this link
 
If you can handle even more fun, you might try this fundraiser for the Fort Bend County Historical Commission on Tuesday evening, November 15th in Fulshear.