Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

News & Updates


I've been busy over the past couple of months and haven't been able to update the blog as frequently as I'd like.  News and updates have piled up.  I will get to all of them soon, but I wanted to pass on sad news.

Thank you, Diane Broughton Lundell (DHS '65) and Marjorie Hauerland Polasek (SLHS '49), for notifying me that Marjorie's brother Charles Hauerland (DHS '65) died recently.  I hope Marjorie and the extended Hauerland family find security and strength in this time of grief.  Here is an obituary.

Charles Allen Hauerland

Like Marjorie, my mother graduated from SLHS in 1949.  One of their classmates, Harry McBride, died recently.  I'm very sorry to hear this news and hope the McBride family is doing well.  Here is an obit. Thank you Betty Sue Douglas Lubajosky (SLHS '49) for sending me this news.

My mother told me a funny story about Harry.  When they were in the 1st grade, Harry visited my mother out at the Humble Camp one day after school.  (Their mother's were good friends and the play date was easy to arrange.)  When my grandfather got home from work, my mother introduced Harry to him as her 'boyfriend.'  My grandfather got a kick out of that.
  
Harry McBride in the '49 Gator yearbook.

Harry as a young lad.