Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Venetian Estates Promotion Brochure


I want to thank my classmate, Harry Pond (DHS '68), for sending me these scans, which I'd never seen before.   I remember the builder, Leo. E. O'Neal, or more correctly I remember his name.  It had an amusing ring to it.

Here's what Harry said in his message:

Here is an old aerial photo with a commentary of the Venetian Estates development before the homes were built.  If you know where to look you can see where Hakeem Olajuwon built his home.  

One Photo shows a map of Hwy 59 ending at Old 90 in Sugar Land.  The home pictured is one of the first built in Venetian Estates and was located at the end of Sorrento Street.  At the age of 12, I lived across the street from this house.  The Hamilton's lived there for about 50 yrs until Wilma passed away.  Both had retired from HL&P and had worked at the Rosenberg offices.