Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Imperial Sugar Memorabilia


I want to thank Cherryl Hughes Fikes for sending me these scans of Imperial Sugar Company memorabilia.  I think this first item is a paperweight.  I have one from the 1950s.  It's made of clear plastic, so you can see the sugar inside.  Air can't get to the sugar, so it will never deteriorate.  This item is much older; it's probably from the '20s or earlier.  It may have sand in it.


This next item is a printing plate for boxes of light brown sugar.  I'm not sure when it was made, but I presume it may be from the '20s or earlier.


I'm not exactly sure what these next items are, or the date they were printedBased on the title, I assume this pamphlet was aimed at retailers.  Regardless, I can remember seeing 1-lb. boxes like these in the Sugar Land store.