Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Jaybird - Woodpecker Saga" by Bruce Kelly


My brother gave a presentation to the Fort Bend County Historical Commission last month.  His topic was the Jaybird-Woodpecker War that erupted in Fort Bend County in 1889.  I videoed the presentation, but the audio didn't turn out as well as I wanted.  Nevertheless, I've posted this 24-minute version for those interested in this era of local history.

The good news is Bruce is giving the talk at Richmond's 175th birthday celebration on September 15th.  I believe he's giving it at 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm at the Masonic Hall on Morton Street.  (I can confirm the details if you're interested.)

(Update) I got this message from Bruce: "My Jaybird presentation is scheduled from 3:15 to 4:15 on Saturday (at the Masonic Hall)."  

There are other speakers on different topics.  I'll try to get them today and post the schedule tonight.