Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dulles Junior High Open House, November 1973


I found this article about the open house at Dulles Junior High School in the Hightowers' scrapbook.  It comes from the Fort Bend Suburbia published on November 14, 1973.  

I've always found the name of this school very confusing. I went to Sugar Land Junior High on Lakeview in the 1960s.  Soon afterward, FBISD opened Dulles Junior High on Dulles Avenue next to Dulles High School.  They eventually incorporated the Junior High buildings into Dulles High School and in 1973 opened Dulles Junior High, which is the subject of this article.  This school is located on 7th Street in Sugar Land.

FBISD subsequently changed its name to Dulles Middle School, and then changed it once again to Sugar Land Middle School, which is its current name.  I think I've got all this correct.