Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Imperial & Industries Healthcare Booklet, circa 1953


Some people wonder why many old timers go on and on about old Sugar Land. Here's a great example of its attraction. This is the health care handbook for employees of Imperial Sugar, Sugarland Industries, and all its subsidiaries. I don't know the exact date, but they issued it before October, 1953 since I. H. Kempner, Jr. is President of Imperial. Also, look at the fee schedule. The whole thing is just 15-pages long.


I want to thank the Helmcamp family for letting me scan this and other documents and photos in their family archive. They are donating many things to the Sugar Land Heritage Society and the new city museum.

(Update) I read the eligibility page, and it has a sentence indicating the date of this booklet is early 1949.