Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, June 5, 2016

More News & Updates


I regret that I have more deaths to report. I want to thank Jon and BJ Pitts (DHS '61) and Jackie James (SLHS '57) from notifying me that Alfred Nulisch (DHS '61) died recently. Click here for an obituary. I didn't know Al was an avid fisherman.


As I checked for other obituaries recently, I noticed that Melvin Mayhood (DHS '64) had died.  His brother Wayne was one of my classmates at Dulles. Click here for an obituary.


I also learned that Flora Surguy, mother of my classmate, Diann Surguy Valenta, passed away recently. Click here for her obituary.

Finally and most recently, Wayne Boehm (SLHS '55) passed away earlier this week. His funeral is this Friday, June 10th, as you'll see in this obituary.  Wayne was an avid reader of this blog and gave me good information when I needed it.  We'll miss him.

1955.

My sincerest condolences go to the Nulisch, Mayhood, Surguy, and Boehm families for the loss of their loved ones.

**********

The Sugar Land Heritage Foundation's historical scavenger hunt, which was postponed will happen this Sunday, June 12th.  Click here and scroll down for more details - but note the date change.

Last but not least, I want to post this save-the-date notice for my friends at the Old Foster Community Museum.  Their annual fundraiser is coming up in August.  Click here for more information.