Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

1991 Houston Chronicle Article on Stellar Success of Sugar Land Area High School Football


My thanks to Linda Hagler Mosk (DHS '68) for sending me the following article, which appeared in The Houston Chronicle in December, 1991.  We're not in football season, but I thought I'd post it anyway.  Bill McMurray recounts the '63 state championship game and Sugar Land High's successfull run back in the '50s.

I and several of my classmates went to the Killeen game at the Dome.  Unfortunatley, Dulles lost 14 - 10.  Killeen had a speedy quarterback who gave Dulles fits.

I did a quick check of the Lone Star Football Network data base.  As far as I know, Willowridge is the only FBISD school to win a state football championship (1982).