Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The 1953 Sugar Land Lions Club Carnival


The Sugar Land Museum's Imperial Collection is filled with pictures of things I thought I'd never see again.  We have limited space in our temporary location, but we try to show as much as we can and rotate items regularly.  Admission is free every Saturday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.

Here are some photos of '53 Lions Club carnival - you can see the date in the first two photos.  I haven't, however, had any luck deciphering the the location.  I remember the carnival in the parking lot of the shopping center on the south side of Highway-90A, but I'm pretty sure this one wasn't in that spot.  They must have set it up in the refinery complex somewhere; I hope an old timer can set me straight on this.

I recognize Fred Baker, but no one else.  Help me out with identifications if you can.

Looks like bingo and raffle did pretty good business.